The Elixir of Life: Look Hot, Boost Immunity, Flatten Your Belly, & Strengthen Your Heart With Just 5 Simple Ingredients
When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.
– Dr. Jean Shinoda Bolen, Author, Jungian Analyst, Activist
Back in the days, I used to begin my day with a sugary latte. There was even a time, many moons ago, when I’d even start my day with a cigarette. I looked like sh*t and I felt like it too. I was unhappy, dissatisfied, and in a bitchy mood… a lot of the time. It not only reflected in my food, nutrition, and lifestyle choices (or lack thereof), it also reflected in my face, my complexion, and my overall demeanor.
All of that reflected the fact that I wasn’t really choosing me.
I was choosing the path that required least effort and the one where I could drown out my woes and stresses in things outside of myself like comfort foods and alcohol. And it showed.
I didn’t realize then that life is made up of little choices. Each choice is a symbol. We are either choosing for ourselves or against ourselves.
We may not notice the cost that comes with choosing against ourselves once, or twice… or even three times. But eventually, the cumulative effect becomes noticeable and you begin to see how not choosing you affects you. For me, I could see it in the lack of radiance I exuded. My skin was dry and dull, I had dark circles under my almost always puffy eyes. I was overweight and at the height of my emotional eating as a means of coping with a life that felt out of my hands. So I went for external things that could provide a quick, momentary yet “pleasurable” fix. I had low energy and rarely felt ‘lit up’ or truly inspired. My immune system was weak and I was constantly fighting off colds, eye allergies, digestive upsets, etc.
On one particular day, I felt like total crap and had been battling a cold for days. My very lean, fit, and health conscious friend who was visiting me at the time told me to try what she called ‘Lemon turmeric water,’ I’d never heard of it before. (I had actually never heard of turmeric ever, either.)
The Elixir of Life (Turmeric Lemon Water)
What’s In It?
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg’s)
*A dash of black pepper (to ensure your body absorbs the healing properties of turmeric!)
Mix everything and chug. Or sip.
She taught me how to make it and I had the concoction every morning for four days straight along with a clean diet of fresh green juice. On the fifth day, like a rain cloud dissipating, I could feel the cold leave my body as my cells regained strength and power. (I did not take any prescription or over the counter medicine for the cold at all. I wanted to see just how powerful nature’s medicine cabinet could be.)
That led me to have a powerful realization that would be the catalyst for change in the way I chose myself:
While there were many things I couldn’t control in my life, there were also many things I could control. For example, what I put in my body via what I ingested. Little did I know at the time, this little concoction with only 5 ingredients has been scientifically proven to be very healing and strengthening to our cells and organs. But that wasn’t even why I decided to make it a part of my daily morning ritual.
It became a symbol.
This radiant, bright orange drink represented me choosing myself in life. Every morning that I drank it I was saying ‘yes’ to me – to my health, my inner power, my vitality, and my inner light. I felt like I was caring and nurturing myself; gifting myself the healing nutrients and properties that promised so much in something so simple. Nature is bountiful. I pretended that with every sip I was ingesting superpowers and started calling the drink ‘The Elixir of Life.’
Now, this Elixir is a miracle worker but… it requires your magic touch to be fully active. After some time of consistently making different choices, my face cleared up and people would tell me I was “glowing,” I lost weight, changed my food choices, started moving my body… One small change created a big ripple effect to the point where today, I do look and feel like an upgraded version of the once very sad, very dimmed me.
You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.
– Yogi Bhajan, Spiritual teacher who introduced Kundalini Yoga to the US
After experiencing the Elixir’s potency firsthand, I was intrigued and wanted to know more about how exactly these ingredients worked together in synergy with the body’s different aspects and levels. The following summarizes what I found:
Proven Elixir Benefits Broken Down By Ingredient:
- Excellent little energy boost first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Contains electrolytes like potassium, calcium, and magnesium which helps to hydrate the body, especially upon awaking. 
- Antioxidant – packed with Vitamin C, which is not only great for radiant skin, but also makes for a powerful infection fighter and immunity booster. (It also helps the body fight free-radicals that cause aging.) 
- Citric Acid helps the body improve digestion. 
- Helps cleanse your blood vessels and artery walls thereby promoting healthy blood flow and blood pressure. 
- Also cleanses the liver by releasing toxins and stimulating more enzyme production. 
- Anti-inflammatory 
- Alkaline – helps raise your pH levels so you can fight off diseases with more potency.
- Contains flavonoids, which are not only cancer-fighting but also antibiotic. 
- Fat burner – thanks to their high Vitamin C content. (People with Vitamin C deficiencies are shown to oxidize less fat )
- 1 organic lemon a day, keeps the ailments at away!
- This cousin to the ginger root contains Curcumin, its active compound.
- Curcumin has been found to be a powerful anti-inflammatory compound 
- Curcumin has also been found to be an anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal 
- Prolonged curcumin use also may protect your brain. Some research suggests that its neuroprotective properties include cognitive improvement/enhancement and ‘neurogenesis’ (growth and development of neurons) 
- Powerful antioxidant that fights free radicals, thereby promoting cell health. 
- Taken daily, it improves digestion: reduces gas and bloating, stimulates the gallbladder, and decreases inflammation of digestive tract. 
- Improves blood flow/good circulation and prevents blood clots. 
- Heart health – protects from cardiovascular diseases. 
- Anti-aging and appears to protect from age-related diseases. 
- Cancer fighting – studies indicate it can prevent cancer proliferation (growth) as well as inhibit its development and metastasis. 
- Curcumin is poorly absorbed in the body but by adding a pinch of black pepper absorption can increase by 2000% because of piperine, the molecule responsible for giving pepper it’s strong smell. 
- Recommended dose for adults is about 1 teaspoon/day, unless you have gallbladder issues, in which case consult your doctor.
- Active component is called Capsaicin.
- You can burn up to 50 extra calories per day and reduce belly fat. 
- Suppresses appetite 
- Boosts metabolism thereby burning more fat! (Daily, prolonged use recommended for maximum benefits.) 
- Capsaicin can temporarily increase your body’s fat burning mode by up to 16%! 
- 1 tsp. provides you with 44% of the daily value of antioxidant Vitamin A, which you need for healthy vision, immune system, neurological function, and healthy skin. 
- Antioxidant packed – flavonoids, potassium, manganese, vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin E, phenolic acids, carotenoids, ascorbic acid, tocopherols all help protect cells. 
- Anti-inflammatory – Helps reduce inflammation and bloating that comes from food sensitivities, infections, and allergies. 
- Supports normal blood sugar by stabilizing glucose levels. Also shown to promote healthy insulin levels. 
- Anti-irritant – studies have found that cayenne doesn’t stimulate but inhibits acid secretion, stimulates alkali and mucus secretions which helps in the prevention and healing of ulcers. 
- Anti-fungal – studies show cayenne to be active against 16 different fungal strains, including Candida. 
- Heart & blood health – may reduce “bad” cholesterol and may help prevent blood clots, allowing more blood to flow. 
- Daily recommended dose is varied.
- Note: Capsaicin may interact with certain medications, for example those used to treat high blood pressure or diabetes, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center. It’s best to consult with your doctor if you are on any prescription medication before consuming.
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV):
- Heart health – studies on rats have shown that their blood pressure could be lowered by the acetic acid found in ACV  and has also been shown to decrease “bad” cholesterol in other animal studies 
- Weight loss – seems to have an anti-obesity effect that increases your ‘fullness’ sensors and therefore reduces the amount of food consumed. 
- If you consume ACV before a meal it cushions energy crash after carb heavy/sugary meal by lowering glucose and insulin responses – it slows the sugar rush in your bloodstream. 
- Antimicrobial effect 
- Antioxidant effect – bioactive substances such as polyphenols and vitamins in ACV defend against oxidative stress. 
- Anti diabetic effect – insulin sensitivity has been improved through vinegar treatment in 19% of individuals with type 2 diabetes and 34% with pre diabetes. Acetic acid in ACV may prevent the complete digestion of complex carbs by either accelerating gastric emptying or by increasing the uptake of glucose by tissues resulting in reduced blood glucose levels. 
There you have it: over 40 benefits to taking this little sucker daily. Give the Elixir a shot to see what it can unlock for you. Create a sacred morning ritual around it and drink it every day with gratitude and intention, then share with me what occurs! I would love to hear your story.
© 2016 Osmara Int’l, Inc. All rights reserved.